If you’re at risk of eviction, follow our tips to prevent being evicted without a hearing. Click here for details.


If you’re at risk of being evicted, be sure to follow all of these steps:

Apply for Rental Assistance

Rental assistance may be available. Click here to view up-to-date information on rental assistance programs.

WARNING: You can now be evicted with a pending rental assistance application. Click here for additional information. 

Answer Any Eviction Notices You Receive

Even if your landlord tells you not to worry about it, even if you plan to move out—it doesn't matter! You must file an answer with the court. Las Vegas residents can prepare and file answers to eviction notices online. North Las Vegas and Henderson tenants can use the program to prepare their forms and then file the answer in person at the justice court in the city they live in. Click here to get started (select “SUMMARY EVICTION: Tenant’s Answer”). If you don't file an answer in response to an eviction notice, you will be evicted without a court hearing.

Attend Your Eviction Diversion Meeting

The Las Vegas Justice Court will automatically divert elderly and disabled tenants on a fixed income who received a rent increase in the last twelve months to an eviction diversion meeting before holding a hearing with a judge. The program is also available to tenants with a one-time financial hardship (e.g., emergency vehicle repairs or unexpected medical expenses), and are no more than twelve months behind on rent. Check your email every day after you file an answer with the court for the scheduling notice (typically scheduled within ten days).

Attend the diversion meeting at the scheduled time. Bring physical copies of the documents that were requested in the scheduling notice. Clark County Social Services will be present and may have funds to help you pay your back rent. A representative from Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada will also meet with you to review your eviction case and help you prevent the eviction, if possible.

Enrolling in the program is automatic as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and include the information in your answer. This program is only available to nonpayment of rent eviction notices. If you live in North Las Vegas or Henderson, the eviction diversion program is unavailable to you, but you can still apply for rental assistance at Clark County Social Services' website at https://chap.clarkcountynv.gov.

You can get help in person at the Civil Law Self-Help Center in the Regional Justice Center (200 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101). You can also access the information and forms free of charge online at www.civillawselfhelpcenter.org. More resources are available at www.lacsn.org/covid-19

Click here to view the flyer.

Haga clic aquí para español.