Legal Aid Center offers all of our program services to Veterans and active-duty military in our community.
Legal Aid Center, in partnership with the Nevada Attorney General Office of Military Legal Assistance and Nevada Legal Services, offers free legal assistance to Veterans throughout the year. Details about this program are found here. You can find information about other Ask-A-Lawyer programs here.
- Veterans who want to learn about Guardianship,Bankruptcy, Small Claims, Divorce, Custody, Record Sealing and Collection practices can attend one of our free legal information classes. To find out more about these classes and when they are offered go here:
- Veterans who need legal representation in any of our program areas can apply for our services.
- To apply for services, come to the office during walk-in hours which are Monday through Thursday, from 9am to 4pm, excluding major holidays. Bring your identification and any relevant documents and you will meet with an intake advocate.
- Income guidelines are waived for active duty men and women who need legal services in any of our program areas.
- For pro bono attorneys assisting Veterans, JAG officers and staff, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada will provide trainings in the following subject areas so you can better assist your clients: landlord/tenant issues and other general consumer issues. To request a training or more information please submit an email inquiry here.
For information on the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act for active duty military, click the links below: