Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers all of our program services to veterans and active-duty military in our community.
Legal Aid Center, in partnership with the Nevada Attorney General Office of Military Legal Assistance and Nevada Legal Services, offers free legal assistance to veterans throughout the year. Details about this program are found here (NOTE: This program is currently suspended until further notice due to COVID-19). You can find information about other Ask-A-Lawyer programs here.
- Legal Aid Center assists veterans with free legal advice, representation, and information about various civil legal issues including consumer issues related to car purchases, leases, and repairs; foreclosure, other housing matters including manufactured housing issues; bankruptcy; debt collection matters; miscellaneous contract issues; and family law matters. Please visit all of our program areas on this website to learn how we can assist you with your legal issue.
- Veterans who need legal representation in any of our program areas can apply for our services.
- To apply for services, come to the office during walk-in hours, which are Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding major holidays. Bring your identification and any relevant documents and you will meet with an intake advocate.
- Active duty men and women in need of legal services in any of our program areas are subject to double income guidelines and will be assisted subject to approval when (1) the dispute/issue would not have occurred but for the military service; (2) the issue relates to financial hardship such as garnishment, payday loans, or other financial predatory practices; (3) the matter is referred by the Office of Military Legal Assistance; or (4) other significant and compelling circumstances are involved. Click here to view standard income guidelines.
- For pro bono attorneys assisting veterans, JAG officers, and staff, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada will provide trainings on landlord/tenant issues and other general consumer issues so you can better assist your clients. To request a training or for more information please submit an email inquiry here.
For information on the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act for active-duty military, click the links below: