- You are married to a Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen or have been divorced for less than two years.
- You must prove their legal status. A social security number is NOT sufficient to continue with your VAWA application.
- You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of domestic violence.
- You married the person in Good Faith.
- You are a person of Good Moral Character.
Click here to view the PowerPoint with more information about the VAWA Self-Petitioning Process.