If you are a tenant who has received an eviction notice or order, please visit the Civil Law Self-Help Center ASAP on the first floor of the Regional Justice Center at 200 Lewis Ave downtown. Other tenants with questions can connect with a legal advocate by calling 702-386-1070 or by emailing info@lacsn.org. Click here for more information and to access our COVID-19 Legal & Financial Toolkit.



  1. During or immediately after a violent incident, call 911. If the police don't come to you, go to the station and make a voluntary statement concerning the incident.
  2. Get medical treatment (Urgent Care/hospital/doctor).
  3. Collect/preserve evidence of the domestic violence:
    • Take photographs of property damage and of your physical injuries (soft tissue injuries, such as swelling and bruising, show up best 1-2 days after the incident).
    • Get signed statements from people who saw/heard the violence happen, saw your injuries or saw the damage to your property (witnesses).
    • Keep broken pieces of property, torn or bloody clothing and weapons used by the other party in this incident, to show the police and the prosecutor.
  4. Get a Protection Order Against Domestic Violence from Family Court, located at 601 N. Pecos, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101 (702) 455-3400.
  5. Get a cell phone from a DV agency (free to victims); keep the cell phone and your protection order with you at all times.
  6. Report violations of your Protection Order:
    • If your abuser violates your TPO, call 911. Get/make a police report of the violation.
    • Collect/preserve evidence of the violation (same as #2 above, and in addition)
    • Make tape recordings of telephone calls or threats (first tell him/her you are recording the conversation).
    • Copy all notes/letters and the envelopes they came in.
    • Videotape visits/drive-bys including the date/time it occurred (you can film newspapers, television programs or telephone caller ID to verify the date/time of the video).
    • Keep a record of all telephone calls, improper visits, missed child support payments or problems with visitation.
    • Get medical treatment for injuries and keep a copy of the medical records.
  7. Enforce your Protection Order - Once the other party knows that there is a Protection Order against him/her, he/she may not violate the terms of that Order.
    • Criminal enforcement. Violation of a protection order is a crime. Call the police and make a report - he/she may be criminally prosecuted.
    • Civil enforcement. File an Order to Show Cause in Family Court. You should have some evidence of the violation so that a judge can find the other party in contempt - just saying it happened is usually not enough.