Nevada’s Coalition of Legal Service Providers is seeking a Statewide Advocacy, Outreach, and Policy Director to support its mission. The core responsibilities are to lead, coordinate, and support legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of the Coalition, with a particular focus on legislation intended to create and improve the legislative process for legal aid clients. During the non-legislative time, the Director will initiate policy initiatives and lead on urgent statewide legal aid issues.
Statewide Advocacy, Outreach and Policy Director Duties
Type of Position: Independent Contactor (1099) position.
The Statewide Advocacy, Outreach and Policy Director (Statewide Advocate) provides support to all five members of the Nevada Coalition of Legal Service Providers (“Coalition”)The core responsibilities of the Statewide Advocate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead, coordinate and support legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of the Coalition, with a particular focus on legislation intended to create and improve the legislative process for legal aid clients.
- Initiate policy initiatives and lead on urgent statewide legal aid issues.
- Participate in statewide committees, task forces, and commissions on issues which impact legal aid programs.
- Participate in media and messaging efforts that promote legal aid programming.
- Participate in community education programs that educate the public about the availability of civil legal aid and educate policy makers about the need to cultivate legal aid resources.
- Coordinate and collaborate with legal aid providers, the Nevada Access to Justice Commission and the Nevada Bar Foundation to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the manner in which legal aid is delivered and propose policies to improve the same.
- Develop and foster relationships with community leaders, legislators and members of the media.
This position is a full time 1099 independent contractor position. J.D. is strongly preferred and legislative/legal aid experience a plus. Salary depends upon experience. Employment offer is contingent upon clearance of background check.