Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm has an immediate opening for a Self-Help Center Staff Attorney to assist self-represented litigants in family court. The Staff Attorney will assist in providing forms and information to the public about family court procedures and laws, and will primarily work alongside staff with the public across multiple service methods. The Staff Attorney will work on access to justice projects as needed, and will manage operations when the Directing Attorney is unavailable. Candidates should have previous family law experience and familiarity with state district court procedures. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Excellent technical skills, communication, quick thinking, patience, and customer service skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction.
Additional qualities desired:
• Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
• Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
• An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
• Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
• Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.