The Consumer Rights Project at Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is seeking a full-time attorney to handle criminal record sealing cases for clients who have turned their life around and no longer want to have a criminal record impeding their chances of employment or promotion. The position will involve conducting outreach events to educate the community about the record sealing process and to assist community members in applying for our program. This is a new program and will involve working with two advocates to build a creative, effective ways to assist as many people as possible.
The ideal candidate is committed to public interest law and community service and has the desire to work with and zealously advocate for our clients. While some litigation experience is helpful, no prior experience is necessary as Legal Aid Center provides extensive training. The ability to speak Spanish is always beneficial. The candidate must be a licensed attorney in good standing from any United States jurisdiction (Nevada offers special licensing for attorneys relocating to Nevada to provide legal services through Legal Aid Center.)
Additional qualities desired:
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- A team player that enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.