Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full-time Volunteer Liaison for its Pro Bono Project. This position supports the Children’s Attorneys Project cases under the Pro bono Project. Under supervision of a Directing Attorney and the Pro Bono Director, the Volunteer Liaison will Place Children’s Attorneys Project cases with Pro Bono Attorneys, set up CLE trainings, coordinate mentorship for Pro Bono Attorneys working on Children’s Attorneys Project cases, complete case summaries, and provide general support to Pro Bono Attorneys. Bachelor’s degree desired. Experience in human resources recruiting, the legal field and/or event planning preferred, however, other professional experience will be considered. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
Additional qualities desired:
• Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
• Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
• An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
• Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
• Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.