Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time Legal Advocate to provide civil legal help under the supervision of a lawyer to victims and their families when a crime against them has been committed. Candidates should have familiarity with legal documents and Court procedures. Paralegal or legal advocate experience preferred. Training will be provided. Excellent communication and public interaction skills are necessary. Fluent with English/Spanish preferred, however, not required. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, such as 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan, among other benefits. Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada conducts a background review on employees.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select careers for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled