Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm has an immediate opening for a full-time, permanent Legal Secretary for its Children’s Attorneys Project - child abuse & neglect unit. Qualified candidates must have experience with Nevada and Federal court procedures, court e-filing, court calendaring, Microsoft Office, case management system and general office protocols. In addition, candidate must be highly organized, have excellent legal writing and communication skills, knowledge of law office documents and advanced computer skills. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, however, not required. Family Law experience a plus. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing customer service to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, including 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select careers for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please send cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled