Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time Legal Intake Advocate to screen low-income clients for eligibility for legal aid, provide legal information to clients under the supervision of a lawyer, prepare legal documents and related research in the landlord/tenant area. Paralegal or legal experience preferred. Excellent communication and public interaction skills are necessary. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish. Salary Depends on Experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- A team player that enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, including 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and dependents, vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select “CAREERS” for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
All offers of employment at Legal Aid Center are contingent upon clearance of background check.
Deadline: Open until filled