Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Inc., a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time Legal Intake Advocate. Under the supervision of an Attorney, the Advocate will interview low income clients, screen for eligibility representation, provide legal information, follow up and collect documents and assist other departments as necessary. Candidates should have previous Family Law experience and familiarity with District Court procedures. Paralegal or legal advocacy experience preferred. Training will be provided. Excellent communication and public interaction skills are necessary. Fluent with English/Spanish preferred, however, not required. Salary Depends on Experience.
Additional qualities desired:
• An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
• Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
• Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
• A team player that enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
• Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
• Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.