Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Inc., a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time Legal Intake Advocate to screen low income clients for eligibility for legal aid, provide legal information to clients under the supervision of a lawyer, prepare legal documents and related research primarily in the areas of consumer fraud issues including foreclosure and loan modification. Paralegal or legal experience preferred. Excellent communication and public interaction skills are necessary. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish. Salary Depends on Experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.