Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time Legal Information Facilitator. Under the supervision of a lawyer, this position will provide legal information to the public at the Self Help Center located at the Regional Justice Center, principally in the areas of landlord/tenant and consumer. Paralegal experience preferred, however, training will be provided. Excellent communication and public interaction skills are necessary. Fluent with English/Spanish preferred, however, not required. Salary depends upon experience. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Salary is dependent upon experience with annual increases available. Our excellent benefits include 100% employer paid health insurance for an employee, spouse/legal domestic partner, and dependents up to 26 years old. A 403b match dollar for dollar up to 5% of an employee’s salary after 12 months of employment, 12 weeks paid parental leave after one year of employment, a generous paid time off policy and flex work options.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select careers for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
Attention Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled