Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time Family Law Legal Information Facilitator to provide legal information to the public at the Family Law Self-Help Center. This will be a remote-based position until circumstances allow the center to re-open to the public inside the courthouse. Under the supervision of a lawyer, the legal information facilitator will provide information to the public regarding general family law court procedures and form completion. Candidates should have previous Family Law experience and familiarity with District Court procedures. Paralegal or legal experience preferred. Training will be provided. Excellent communication and public interaction skills are necessary. Bilingual with English/Spanish preferred, but not required. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, such as 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan, among other benefits. Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada conducts a background review on employees.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled