Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm, is seeking an attorney to provide direct, client-driven representation to adults and minors facing or under guardianship. Legal Aid Center’s Guardianship Advocacy Program is nationally recognized as the gold standard in the fight to protect the civil rights of senior citizens, disabled individuals, and minors in guardianship court. As part of our large, committed, and collaborative team, this attorney will guard against financial and other exploitation and help shape and enforce meaningful protections for those otherwise unable to protect themselves. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, intelligent, compassionate, team player who possesses a passion for public service and a strong commitment to ensuring justice for the most vulnerable populations in our community.
No previous legal experience in guardianship area required; candidate will be provided thorough and in-depth training. Excellent legal writing, analytical, and communication skills a must. Will consider all experience levels, including newly admitted attorneys, so long as active/good standing bar license from any U.S. jurisdiction. Will also consider those awaiting bar exam results if past record of academic success. Bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, a plus.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Salary depends upon experience with a benefits package provided, including health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, vacation/sick time and company matched 403b retirement plan.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE