Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm, is seeking an attorney to provide direct representation to adults and minors who are facing or under guardianship.
This attorney will champion senior citizens, disabled individuals, and minors in guardianship court and fight to protect their civil rights and guard against financial and other exploitation. As part of Legal Aid Center’s guardianship program, this attorney will help shape and enforce meaningful protections for those otherwise unable to protect themselves. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, intelligent, compassionate, team player who possesses a passion for public service and a strong commitment to ensuring justice for the most vulnerable populations in our community.
Prefer a candidate with five years of litigation experience in civil or family court, but will consider all candidates who have a demonstrated history of dedication to public law or community service. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must; moot court and law review experience a plus. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, and guardianship experience, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing bar license from any United States jurisdiction.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys coaching and assisting attorneys who are providing pro bono service
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.