Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is recruiting for a full-time, permanent Guardianship Legal Assistant. Qualified candidates must have experience with Nevada courts, legal terminology and procedures. Candidates must be proficient with court and office calendaring, filing and general office protocols. Prefer candidate with Legal Assistant experience who is bi-lingual (English-Spanish) but not required. Candidate must have excellent organizational, communication and computer skills and have expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.