Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full time paralegal to help attorneys provide legal assistance and representation in consumer cases involving evictions, duties include contact with clients, intake process, obtaining documents, performing legal research, drafting discovery, pleadings and other legal documents, negotiating with underrepresented adverse parties such as landlords, merchants and public agency employees among other duties. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment, a team player, dependable, organized, detailed oriented and able to move between files/projects easily. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish. Salary depends on experience. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
Additional qualities desired:
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- A team player that enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Salary is dependent upon experience with annual increases available. Our excellent benefits include 100% employer paid health insurance for an employee, spouse/legal domestic partner, and dependents up to 26yrs old. A 403b match dollar for dollar up to 5% of an employee’s salary after 12 months of employment, 12 weeks paid parental leave, a generous paid time off policy and flex work options.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select “CAREERS” for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled