The Consumer Rights Project at Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is seeking a full-time attorney to handle eviction cases. The recent increases in rent have created unparalleled hardship for so many in our valley, and this attorney will be on the front lines in helping tenants apply for rental assistance, file responses to evictions, and represent the client in court. The attorney will also work with the community’s eviction diversion programs, in partnership with other community stakeholders. The attorney will be joining a hard-working team who combat unscrupulous landlords while working with reasonable landlords who are seeking fair solutions.
The ideal candidate is committed to public interest law and community service and has the desire to work with and zealously advocate for our clients. While some litigation experience is helpful, no prior experience is necessary as Legal Aid Center provides extensive training. The ability to speak Spanish is always beneficial. The candidate must be a licensed attorney in good standing from any United States jurisdiction (Nevada offers special licensing for attorneys relocating to Nevada to provide legal services through Legal Aid Center.)
Additional qualities desired:
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- A team player that enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.