Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm has an immediate opening for a full-time, permanent Educational Legal Advocate to work with youth14yrs and older currently in the foster care system. Under the supervision of an attorney, the successful candidate will identify youth struggling in school, intervene and work with stakeholders in the child welfare system and Clark County School District to remedy the problem(s) and bridge any gaps that are impeding the student’s educational success. This position will request and review educational records and develop plans to remediate educational deficiencies.
Successful candidates must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment, a team player, dependable, organized, detailed oriented, able to move between files/projects easily. Excellent legal writing skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish but not required. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.