Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full-time Deputy Director for its Pro Bono Project, which matches low-income clients with volunteer attorneys. Under the direction of the Pro Bono Director, the Deputy Director will recruit new volunteers, place pro bono cases, provide support and resources to volunteers, and handle other administrative tasks of running the Project. Attorney with strong ties to the community preferred. Candidate must have excellent people skills, excellent organizational skills, and a professional demeanor. Salary depends on experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys coaching and assisting attorneys who are providing pro bono service
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.