Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Inc., a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a staff attorney for its Consumer Rights Project to provide direct representation to low-income clients. Candidate will assist low income clients with cases involving litigation which may involve deceptive trade practices, payday/title loans, vehicle purchase, debt collection defense, and with community outreach and other matters as assigned. Prefer a candidate with some experience, as well as familiarity with state and federal district courts, and state and federal consumer protection statutes. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, including employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please send cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 E. Charleston BlvdLas Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled