Civil Justice Summer Fellowship
Sponsored by Robyn Ratcliffe Manzini and Aldo Manzini
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada announces the creation of the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada Civil Justice Summer Fellowship, sponsored by Robyn Ratcliffe Manzini and Aldo Manzini.
Legal Aid Center will award the Civil Justice Summer Fellowship to a law student who has a minimum of 45 law school credits and meets the Nevada requirements for student practice (Rule 49.5). The chosen fellow will be mentored by a small number of attorneys in one of our Project areas (Family Justice Project, Children’s Attorneys Project, or Consumer Rights Project), gaining practical legal skills from interviewing potential clients, to drafting documents and court appearances, through final resolution.
• Application period: November 2, 2020 – December 15, 2020
• The Fellowship stipend is $10,000 and is paid in installments on the 1st and 15th of the month during the summer portion of the fellowship.
• The Fellow will be offered a mentoring session with one of our community’s jurists.
Application information is available at www.lacsn.org/CivilJustice. Preference will be given to a law student who wants to work in a public interest law firm and learn how the top legal aid in Nevada assists over 144,000 individuals a year. The Fellowship begins on May 18, 2021.
• A cover letter explaining why you are applying for this experience;
• A legal writing sample, limited to 10 pages;
• A resume. Please include any paid or volunteer work with vulnerable populations. Also include non-legal employment experience; and
• Your law school transcript