Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a Staff Attorney for its Children’s Attorneys Project (CAP). Candidate will assist with community outreach and direct representation to abused and neglected children currently in foster care.
Prefer a minimum of two years litigation experience in public interest law, with an emphasis in family law. Excellent legal writing and communication skills a must. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish, but not required. Qualified candidates must possess an active/good standing Bar License from any United States jurisdiction. Salary depends upon experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.